To ensure that your PDF template delivers optimum results, we need a standardised PDF, ideally a PDF/X-4 which needs to fulfil the following criteria:
CAUTION: Once you have submitted your order, the book will be produced based on your PDF. There is no “proof copy”.
- Upload a PDF/X-4 based on the Bookfactory profile set download + install profile set OR
upload a PDF/X-1A with output intent ISO coated V2 300.
- Do not set any crop or other print marks (set a 3 mm bleed on document, but do not set any marks)
- Embed fonts
- Image resolution (minimum 200 dpi) 220 dpi: good resolution. Recommendation 300 dpi.
- Architectural plans must be exported as jpg from the CAD program and placed as an image. Vectorized plans in PDF format cannot be printed correctly.
Contents (= all pages bar the cover)
- Create pages as individual pages, starting with the first page right
(except Flatbook: first page on the left)
- Format: final format + 3 mm crop (use 3 mm bleed box)
- Page count: from 16 pages, stitch binding available from 12 pages
- Hard and softcover: as double page with additional spine and bleed.
- Download a “sample file” as a design aid from the Configurator (cropped PDF)
- Booklets and wire-bound brochures: cover pages as double-pages or two single pages with 3 mm bleed.
Tip: Use our cover Designer to create your cover. Read more in our PDF-to-Book Manual.